The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I beg to differ

Jeff Harrell said recently of DVD menus:
When I put a DVD in, I want my interaction with the whole television/DVD player/remote control/military/industrial complex to be over. Disc goes in, movie comes out. If I want anything else, I'll let you know. Kay?

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for not wading through poorly designed menus when I want to watch a movie, but we're forgetting a rather important genre of movies. Foreign films. The only thing I hate more than having to to through eight menus to play a movie is having a foreign movie automatically play the universally god-awful (You think I'm kidding. I'm not.) English dub of the movie. I could be wrong, but this is probably why we get to see the menu first. (Via InstaPundit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home