The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

For the past

6 months or so, I've been using this unbelievable little app on my Macs called Quicksilver. Basically you launch this thing with a key combination of your choice (cmd+space, in my case), type in the name of the task you want to perform or the program you want to launch (e.g. "yahoo" to launch Yahoo! Instant Messenger or launch the Yahoo! website in a browser), hit Enter, and presto! your desires are fulfilled. No mouse involved. Now, this may not be a big deal to you, but for an efficiency freak like me, it is absolutely amazing (especially on laptops...it's like buttah). Since I've become so reliant on Quicksilver, all my other non-Quicksilver computing experiences have in comparison seemed hopelessly clunky and slow. Today, though, I discovered an analogous application for Windows. It's called AppRocket, and it seems promising, although I've only used it for an hour or so thus far. I'll report back on my findings soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home