The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

In case you haven't seen this before,

Mystery Pollster is a new blog about the science and art of polling. It brings some much-needed input from an expert into today's tense political climate, and aims to "foster greater communication between the architects, plumbers and consumers of survey research". This is information no political junkie can do without. (Via InstaPundit)

Speaking of polling, I just got called to participate in a political survey, and was pretty ashamed that although I claimed to be following the story of the upcoming elections (which I interpreted to mean the presidential election) very closely, I couldn't say anything substantive about the various initiatives up on the California ballot this November. In my defense, though, I have to say that since California is basically governed by initiative (which I find to be both inefficient and ineffective), there are always at least 4 or 5 propositions up for referendum at any given election. It's a bit tiring to try and keep up with all of them, and this far away from the actual elections, I think I can be forgiven a bit of laxity in staying informed about the local issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home