The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

This morning, I experienced

my first earthquake since moving to the Bay Area a year ago. Since I am currently about 140-150 miles north of the epicenter, the effects here were pretty minor. The building felt like it was all of a sudden floating on the ocean, and at first I thought it was just my imagination, since nothing was rattling or falling off shelves. I figured it out soon enough, though. Since no one got hurt and nothing got damaged, I can say this without feeling guilty: neat-o!

UPDATE: It appears that there was some damage near the epicenter (Parkfield), but it was pretty minor.

1 Comments:

Blogger jinnie said...

neat-o is right!
although i didn't feel anything here.
i remember my first earthquake in SF..
it was back when we lived at 2000 Post.
i heard the refrigerator shaking then i felt like I was, like you said, floating on the ocean.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home