The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tiger: first impressions: Dashboard

I have to say it. I am loving this Dashboard thing. I mean, before when I read that it was going to be a feature of Tiger, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, but the reality is so much more. Widgets I have on my Dashboard: the yellow pages, clock, stickies, calendar, address book, dictionary and weather. The weather one is hands down my favorite. I press one key and I have the weather forecast for the next 5 days. I love it!

And the dashboard widget download page at apple.com has a bunch more. Some of my favorites: TV Tracker, Battery Status, and the wi-fi hotspot finder (!).

Widgets I'd like to see:
  • A Google maps widget
  • A Zagat widget
  • A calculator widget that can do scientific functions. A calculator that only performs arithmetic functions is useless to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home