The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Monday, October 18, 2004

The Chicago Tribune has

endorsed (breathalyzer test required) George W. Bush for president. I guess this underscores the main difference between Bush and Kerry supporters (cf my foreign policy post below). The former believe that the world is fundamentally a more perilous place than the latter do. And that, along with (a) John Kerry's nonexistent plan for Iraq and (b) his insistence on getting the approval of a coalition of the bribed and coerced before acting, is why for them there's really no contest over who to choose come Nov. 2nd.

As I've said before, I am a moderate liberal, and I'm not going to vote for either Bush or Kerry. You already know why Kerry is not an option. On the foreign policy issue: while I think that the world is much more dangerous than the Democrats would have you believe, and that the UN is ineffectual at best and hopelessly corrupt at worst, I just can't ignore Bush's poor domestic stewardship enough to vote for him (let's face it; he's no Winston Churchill, and no Tony Blair), although I agree he would do a better job than John Kerry in staying the course in Iraq and Afghanistan, and maybe even doing something about the travesty in Sudan. (Via InstaPundit)

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

You said in a previous post that you feel that you can abstain and still have performed your civic duty. But isn't abstaining simply a tacit vote for whomever does win the election? If you feel that one of the third party candidates would be a better president, it is your civic duty to vote for them, even if it is hopelessly idealistic to imagine that any third party candidate could win. How do you reconcile this?

(Disclaimer: I'm not voting either. I'm just want to hear your thoughts on the matter.)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home