The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Gmail rocks my world

Gmail, Google's new free webmail service, is in my opinion the greatest thing since sliced bread. I managed to get my hands on an account this past weekend, and I am so far very happy with the service. The gmail interface is intuitive and streamlined; it lacks the clunkiness that I find in every other webmail service I've ever used. Some of the cool things about gmail:
  • If you send e-mail to or receive e-mail from any person who is not in your contact list, he/she is automatically added to your contact list.
  • E-mail conversations are organized by thread, so that you have instant access to every piece of correspondence regarding a given subject.
  • Gmail lets you set up filters (!) for incoming mail.
  • You can mark messages with labels, which obviates the need to create a complicated folder structure and then file individual messages.
  • E-mail search that really works.
  • No distracting banner ads!
  • Every message view page contains an empty text box displayed beneath the message; if you click in the text box, a reply/forward form is automatically displayed, making the reply/forward process even more efficient.
Overall, this is the first webmail service I've seen that can really do a good job of replacing e-mail clients installed on individual computers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home