The Emotional Pumpkin

感情的な南瓜

Saturday, September 25, 2004

I didn't think I was

(permit me a bit of arrogance here) a slouch at CSS before, but all this messing around with Blogger templates has really improved and deepened my understanding of the standard as well as helped me learn how to use it to do some very cool formatting. Since I have a pretty short attention span and will most likely be switching themes frequently, I am toying with the idea of making all the templates I come up with publicly available. It ought to be an interesting experiment; look out for it in the future.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The yellow links are hard on my eyes

6:46 PM  
Blogger jinnie said...

i like this template too.. the color scheme is harmonious.. kinda like military... but softer.
anyway, the links look orange to me.. maybe slightly darkening it will be easier on eyes? i don't know..

10:23 PM  
Blogger Richa said...

OK, I've heard enough. If you don't have readability in a blog, you don't have anything. I've darkened the orange to an orangey-brown. Also, I've changed the color of the unfollowed links in the comments sections to be the dark brown with underline and overline decoration. This should, I think, solve the readability problem. Let me know if you agree.

11:11 PM  
Blogger jinnie said...

i don't see much difference in the yellow links.. well, at least on my iBook.
maybe you could try muting it by adding some hint of brown?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Richa said...

I just darkened the color to a golden-brown, and it looks pretty readable on my cinema display, my Samsung 173P and also my Trinitron CRT at work (or it did yesterday even before I darkened it); these are all above-average monitors, so maybe it doesn't look as good on laptop displays (I haven't checked the one on my PBG4 yet). Hopefully it's better now, though.

11:03 AM  
Blogger jinnie said...

woa! it's all colorful and stuff! big change!
^o^
is this in anticipation for the election??

11:10 AM  
Blogger Richa said...

No, no special reason other than I was playing with Photoshop yesterday and came up with a couple of templates. This is the second of them. I am working on getting all of them up so that people can take them if they want.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home